Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Migration Stories and Other Curious Lore is up and running! It took a good 6 hours to put up, but I loved every minute of it. I never really thought that curating would be something that I would be interested in doing, but working on that show made me reconsider. It took about a year to put the works together, and now that it's up, I am taking pause. A major goal, realized. The 100 birds, finished. Within my pause, however, I'm already thinking about what's next.

When I moved to Massachusetts, my goal was to become a full-time artist. I wanted to establish myself here, get involved with the arts community. Being the list-maker that I am, I wrote long-term goals for the year, and short-term goals for each month (baby steps to reach the long-term ones). Here we are in mid-August, and most of those long-term goals have come a long way in the process.

My art goals for 2016 are:
1. Get gallery representation
2. Establish myself as an art teacher
3. Implement an art business plan
4. Have a solo show and commit to another future show.

Obviously, #4 has been accomplished. I have applied to another place for a future show as well and I am waiting to hear back to solidify that goal as "finished".  It feels really good to say that I have made progress in the year that I have been here, and that momentum propels me.

More on the other 3 goals' progress on future blogs. And be on the lookout for an upcoming blog about my interview with Weatherly Monroe, owner of Wild Oats and Billy Goats Gallery in Decatur, GA.


No comments:

Post a Comment